Move-In at The Commons on
Every apartment at The Commons on Kinnear is fully furnished, and even comes with
its own full-size washer and dryer. But to make your apartment
really feel like home, you’ll need a few household items.
What items should I bring with me on move-in day?
What items should I NOT bring?
- Bed, Bath & Shower Items: linens, towels, shower curtain,
- Kitchen Items: pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware,
glassware, toaster, coffee maker
- Electronics: personal TV, DVD player, gaming systems
Are there any items I might forget that are
- Large furniture since all of our apartments are fully
- Hot plates, grills, space heaters, candles
- Keyboards, pianos, large-scale stereo systems of any kind
because they can be disruptive to the community
There are also some things you need to take care of before
Do I need to set up utilities?
- Laundry detergent since all of our apartments have a washer and
dryer in unit
- Vacuum and cleaning supplies to help with upkeep
Electricity must be set up before move-in day, and the account
number should be made available to The Commons on Kinnear office
What needs to be paid before I move in?
All fees, deposits, and rent should be paid in full well before
move-in day, so there is no exchange of funds the day of. Move-in
is a very busy time for our staff.
Finally, here’s what you should know about move-in day
Where should I park on move-in day?
Parking is on each floor of our five-level parking garage. There is
no towing this day, so residents and parents are free to park while
moving items into the building. We also have move-in stations to
streamline the move-in process, and staff on site to direct new
Get directions to The Commons on
We can’t wait to welcome you to The Commons! If you have any
other questions about move-in, don’t hesitate to contact us.