Move-In at The Commons on KinnearEvery apartment at The Commons on Kinnear is fully furnished, and even comes with its own full-size washer and dryer. But to make your apartment really feel like home, you’ll need a few household items.
What items should I bring with me on move-in day?
- Bed, Bath & Shower Items: linens, towels, shower curtain, toiletries
- Kitchen Items: pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware, glassware, toaster, coffee maker
- Electronics: personal TV, DVD player, gaming systems
- Large furniture since all of our apartments are fully furnished
- Hot plates, grills, space heaters, candles
- Keyboards, pianos, large-scale stereo systems of any kind because they can be disruptive to the community
- Laundry detergent since all of our apartments have a washer and dryer in unit
- Vacuum and cleaning supplies to help with upkeep
There are also some things you need to take care of before move-in day.
Do I need to set up utilities?
Electricity must be set up before move-in day, and the account number should be made available to The Commons on Kinnear office staff.
What needs to be paid before I move in?
All fees, deposits, and rent should be paid in full well before move-in day, so there is no exchange of funds the day of. Move-in is a very busy time for our staff.
Finally, here’s what you should know about move-in day logistics.
Where should I park on move-in day?
Parking is on each floor of our five-level parking garage. There is no towing this day, so residents and parents are free to park while moving items into the building. We also have move-in stations to streamline the move-in process, and staff on site to direct new residents.
Get directions to The Commons on Kinnear
We can’t wait to welcome you to The Commons! If you have any other questions about move-in, don’t hesitate to contact us.