Move-In at The Commons on
Every apartment at The Commons on Kinnear is fully furnished, and even comes with
its own full-size washer and dryer. But to make your apartment
really feel like home, you’ll need a few household items.
What items should I bring with me on move-in day?
What items should I NOT bring?
- Bed, Bath & Shower Items: linens, towels, shower curtain,
- Kitchen Items: pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware,
glassware, toaster, coffee maker
- Electronics: personal TV, DVD player, gaming systems
Are there any items I might forget that are
- Large furniture since all of our apartments are fully
- Hot plates, grills, space heaters, candles
- Keyboards, pianos, large-scale stereo systems of any kind
because they can be disruptive to the community
There are also some things you need to take care of before
Do I need to set up utilities?
- Laundry detergent since all of our apartments have a washer and
dryer in unit
- Vacuum and cleaning supplies to help with upkeep
You don't have to worry about setting up any utilities. We have
partnered with Conservice and they will bill you directly through
your Resident Ledger for your electricity.
What needs to be paid before I move in?
All fees, deposits, and rent should be paid in full well before
move-in day, so there is no exchange of funds the day of. Move-in
is a very busy time for our staff.
Finally, here’s what you should know about move-in day
Where should I park on move-in day?
Parking is on each floor of our five-level parking garage. There is
no towing this day, so residents and parents are free to park while
moving items into the building. We also have move-in stations to
streamline the move-in process, and staff on site to direct new
Get directions to The Commons on
We can’t wait to welcome you to The Commons! If you have any
other questions about move-in, don’t hesitate to contact us.